Band 7.5 Letter Sample | Local Council Is Closing A Community Centre
Your local council is considering closing a sport and leisure centre that it runs, in order to save money. Write a letter to the local council. In your letter:
- give details of how you and friends or family use the centre
- explain why sport and leisure centre is important for the local community
- describe the possible effects on local people if the centre closes.
Band 7.5 letter sample
Dear Sir or Madam:
I am writing to you regarding the announced plans to close the Recreation Centre of Lower Binfield. This Centre plays an essential role in the life of my family. My parents both visit the swimming pool of the Centre. My sister is an active member of local theatre. My grandmother takes dancing classes with her friends, and my grandfather regularly wins chess championship of the town. All these facilities are kindly provided to the community by the Centre.
Thanks to this organization, children of our town are able to develop themselves both physically and mentally. Adults have an ability to be healthy and retired persons can spend their leisure time together.
In case of bringing this intention to life, everyone loses. Decreased number of sports opportunities will increase the load to the healthcare system. The absence of leisure activities may influence the crime rate among youths. Elderly persons become less happy and will tend to spend their time watching TV.
I hope that the local council will take my thoughts into consideration and will revise the plans of closing the Recreational Centre.
- Band 8 Letter Sample To City Councillor
- IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter To A Company
- Band 9 letter sample | A letter to the editor about the local airport
- IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter to an Overseas Friend
- IELTS letter sample
- Band 7.5 letter sample
- Letter topic found in India: Letter to friend asking her to babysit your kids
- Band 8 letter sample: A letter to the brother
- IELTS letter sample about garbage issues
- Band 9 essay sample | Unpaid community work must be compulsory for school children