Band 7.5 letter sample
You live in a room in college which you share with another student. However, there are many problems with this arrangement and you find it very difficult to work.
Write a letter to the accommodation officer at the college. In the letter,
- describe the situation
- explain your problems and why it is difficult to work
- say what kind of accommodation you would prefer
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am Adrian, a resident in unit 204, Newton College. I am writing this letter to explain some problems I have been facing in my current accommodation, and to request for a change.
I have been living in this unit for two years, and have got along well with my two ex- roommates. However, my current roommate has been inconsiderate. To begin with, his desk is always full of unwashed dishes, which attracts flies and ants. Worse still, when I got back yesterday after the holidays, I spotted two loaves of moulded bread in the room.
Besides poor hygiene, my roommate tends to come back very late at night. Although he tries to keep the lights turned off, he will be on his phone and it really distracts my sleep. As I am expecting a lot of assignments in my final semester, I am worried that this accommodation would be unproductive for my studies. I am really concerned that the poor hygiene will affect my health and mood to study. Sleep deprivation is also something I face, which then affects my concentration in lectures. I have tried to talk things out with my roommate, but he does not seem to understand.
I would like to request for a change to one of the single units. I do not mind the extra cost as I really need a more conducive working environment. Thank you.
- Band 9 letter sample
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: Letter expressing dissatisfaction with room mate
- Band 8 letter sample: Booking accommodation in the hall of residence
- IELTS letter sample | Write a letter to a friend expressing your gratitude for helping you find accommodation
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: Letter to the landlord
- Band 8 letter sample: A leave letter
- Band 7.5 letter sample
- Band 8 letter sample | Leave of absence letter
- IELTS letter sample: Complaint letter about problems with internet connectivity
- IELTS letter sample