Band 7.5 IELTS Report Sample | India China Population
The graph below shows population figures for India and China since the year 2000 and predicted population growth up until 2050.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Band 7.5 IELTS report sample
The line graph gives information about population rise in India and China from the year 2000. Predictions for population growth until the year 2050 are also given. Overall, there is a steady rise in Indian population during the period. Chinese population also increases steadily for sometime but it is projected to decline in the future. In 2000, India had a population of 1 billion whereas Chinese population was between 1.2 and 1.3 billion. The population of India rose dramatically over the next 10 years and almost hit 1.2 billion by 2010. During the same period Chinese population also grew by 100 million. By 2030, it is estimated that the population of both countries will be equal. The Indian population is expected to grow afterwards while the Chinese population is projected to decline.
Total population of India is expected to reach 1.6 billion by 2050. Chinese population is expected to hit its peak value of 1.45 billion by 2025 and afterwards it would reportedly decline and reach 1.4 billion in 2050.
- IELTS report about population in four countries
- Band 9 IELTS report sample
- IELTS Writing: Report 2
- IELTS report about US University applications
- Band 7.5 report about US University applications
- IELTS test in India and Saudi Arabia
- IELTS Writing: Reports
- IELTS essay sample | The growth in population is the biggest threat humanity faces
- IELTS report about average distance traveled by Englanders
- IELTS essay sample: Effects of increasing population