Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Spending Money On Super Fast Trains Vs. Spending It On Existing Public Transport
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
In a number of countries, some people think it is necessary to spend large sums of money on constructing railway lines for very fast trains between cities. Others believe the money should be spent on improving existing public transport. Discuss both these views and give your opinion.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Some people argue that governments should spend more money on developing bullet and metro rail facilities, while others support the idea of spending money on upgrading current public transport system. This essay analyses these viewpoints in the following paragraphs and concludes with my opinion.
To begin with, many people support the plan of investing in intercity rail networks because they save their valuable time. To explain it further, these types of trains run faster than any other public transportation facilities. They stop only at major stations and hence they are not delayed like passenger trains. This makes them a boon for super busy business professionals who cannot afford to be held up in traffic.
On the other hand, improving / upgrading the current government owned transportation methods could also solve the issue of possible traffic blocks in towns. That means if public transport is reliable more and more people will start using it to move around the cities for shopping and entertainment. If the government could properly maintain the present modes of transport, many people will stop using their own vehicles because public transportation is always cheap and affordable. This way, the traffic jams caused by private vehicles on the road can also be reduced to a great extent.
In conclusion, the government should invest in both fast trains and other existing modes of transport because they are both required to ease traffic congestion in the cities.
- IELTS essay sample: Some people believe that governments should invest in trains to solve traffic problems
- IELTS essay sample | Spending money on preventing illnesses is better than spending it on treating them
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: Problems with public transport
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | In Order To Solve Traffic Problems People Should Live In Cities
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Increasing Tax On Private Vehicles Will Reduce Traffic Congestion
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | It is important to have huge public spaces like parks and squares in towns and cities.
- IELTS band 8 essay sample: Should fuel prices be increased to reduce pollution?
- Band 7.5 essay about children spending money instead of saving it
- IELTS Essay: Are public celebrations a waste of money?
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Problems Caused By Overcrowding In Cities