Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing sample for a fee.
Discipline is an ever increasing problem in modern schools. Some people think that discipline should be the responsibilities of teachers, while other thinks this is role of parents. Discuss both sides and give your opinion.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
In today’s times, there has been a dramatic rise in disciplinary issues in most schools. Most people believe that the children should be disciplined at schools by their teacher, while others think that this is the prime responsibility of the parents. In my opinion, it is the responsibility of both the teachers and parents.
On one hand, teachers have a moral obligation of imparting knowledge as well as discipline to their students. Academics should go hand in hand with values and morals. It is the duty of a teacher to train his or her student. Schools make it necessaryfor a pupil to be punished if the pupil has not followed the rules and regulations of the school. For instance, failing to submit an assignment or project by its deadline may lead to loss of marks or other consequences may arise.
On the other hand, parents play a fundamental role in moulding a child. They are the first persons to instill values, morals and discipline in their child. As there is a very intimate relationship between children and their parents, they have a greater control over their children. Children fear their parents more than their teachers, for example, a child maybe naughty at school but portray the best behavior when at home. Parents are ultimately the ones who can correct the faults and shortcomings of their children.
To sum up, teachers and parents have been bestowed with the power and right to discipline children. They need to collaborate together to help the child have a better tomorrow.
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Advantages And Disadvantages Of Teaching Children At Home And School
- IELTS essay about lack of discipline among youngsters
- Band 9 essay sample | Children are getting into crime because of the lack of emotional support from parents and teachers
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Is Smacking Children The Best Form Of Discipline?
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Schools Should Teach Good Behaviour To Children
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Smacking Children Is The Best Form Of Discipline
- Band 8 essay sample | School is the place to learn social values
- IELTS essay sample | Should parents help their children with homework?
- IELTS essay sample | Why do children misbehave in the class?
- Band 7 essay sample: Should children be disciplined?