Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Solar energy is becoming more and more popular as a source of household energy in many countries around the world
Solar energy is becoming more and more popular as a source of household energy in many countries around the world. Why is this? What are the advantages and disadvantages of solar energy?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay sample on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Energy is a powerful commodity that controls the functioning of the entire world. Solar energy obtained from the light rays of our Sun has seen a recent rise in its popularity, especially as a source of energy in many households across the globe.
There is a possible explanation to this situation. Energy production from non-renewable sources like coal and petrol will be difficult / will be less viable in the near future not only because of the reduction in their reserve but also due to the high costs quoted by the countries which hold their reserves. Therefore the entire globe has become busy in developing renewable sources of energy. Since sunlight is available in abundance, solar energy has become a better alternative to other forms of energy.
Solar energy has its pros and cons, but the pros outweigh its cons. An advantage of solar energy is that it can be harnessed without having to build expensive power plants. Families can install solar panels on their roofs and generate adequate amount of energy to run household appliances such as lights, fans, heaters, refrigerators and so on. It is very simple and just needs the Sun out there in the sky. It is also clean and does not pollute the land or the air.
On the other hand, solar energy grids come with their own price which is unaffordable to the underdeveloped and developing countries around the Equator. These are the countries which benefit most from the solar energy owing to their geographical location. In the developed western world the situation is quite the opposite. These countries are cold and receive only a small amount of sunlight. Consequently, not much solar energy can be generated there. Despite these short comings, Germany has emerged as the world leader in solar energy production according to a recent report issued by WHO. Germans have well understood the proverb “Make hay while the Sun shines”. It is now time for the entire world to follow suit.
To conclude, solar energy is gaining popularity because it is safe and clean. In the coming years as the technology develops and solar panels become more affordable, its popularity will only increase.
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample About The Growing Popularity Of Solar Energy
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Solar Energy Is Becoming More And More Popular
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | In Order To Meet Growing Energy Requirements Undiscovered Places Should Be Opened Up
- Band 6.5 essay sample about the advantages and disadvantages of nuclear energy
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Developed Nations Have a Greater Responsibility to Tackle Climate Change
- IELTS essay: Is television a better source of information than traveling?
- Band 8 essay sample | Advantages of nuclear energy outweigh disadvantages
- Reading module practice test 1
- IELTS essay sample about climate change
- IELTS Essay: Are multinational companies good for the economies of developing countries?