The following is an essay submitted by one of our students.
Some people think that dangerous sport should be banned while others believe that people should be free to choose.
Discuss both views and your give your opinion
Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Nowadays adventurous sport has become commonplace in many countries. Some people believe that the government should ban dangerous sports, while others feel that individual’s freedom to choose should not be compromised. In my opinion, people should be allowed to do such sport as long as they are aware of the dangers involved.
To begin with, some sport items such as water skiing can be extremely dangerous. It may cause injuries or even death. Therefore, some people argue that it should be banned because then no one will perform it again. This way the government can ensure the safety of its people. Those who favour the banning of dangerous sport believe that human life has more value than the momentary joys or thrills provided by these sports. They also argue that youngsters are the majority who get involved in adventures. Most of them are not fully aware of the consequences. They do extreme sports out of curiosity or for fun. A ban on extreme sports will certainly prevent them from indulging in such activities.
On the other hand, each individual should have the freedom to decide whether they want to participate in dangerous sports or not. It is a invasion of individual privacy or violation of human rights if the government banned such sports. After all, most people who participate in these events are aware of the dangers and attempt these stunts only after getting lots of practice. A ban will certainly disappoint them. For these reasons, I believe that dangerous sport items should not be banned
To conclude, although some sport items can pose serious dangers to human life, I believe they should not be banned because doing so will amount to the violation of individual liberties and rights.
IELTS Writing correction service
Struggling to get a good score in the IELTS writing module? Get your writing samples corrected by us. We have helped scores of students achieve the score they wanted.
- IELTS essay about youngsters and adventurous sports
- Band 9 essay sample | Children should be banned from participating in sporting events
- Band 8.5 essay sample | Should governments spend money for training sports people?
- Band 7.5 essay | Youth should not be allowed to participate in sports
- Building more sports facilities is the best way to improve public health | IELTS essay sample
- IELTS essay sample | Building more sports facilities is the best way to improve public health
- IELTS essay sample | Watching sports is a waste of time
- IELTS essay sample | Private schools should be banned
- IELTS essay: Should zoos be banned?
- Band 8 essay sample | Mobile phones should be banned in public places