This band 7.5 IELTS essay sample was submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Many stores sell organic fruits and vegetables (produced without the use of chemical fertilizers, pesticides, and herbicides) even though they often cost more than conventional fruits and vegetables. Why do some people prefer to eat organic food? Do you think organic food is worth the extra cost?
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
The growing number of adverts on fruits and vegetables produced naturally without the use of chemicals, point to the growing popularity of organic food. Nowadays, people are increasingly health conscious and don’t mind the additional cost that comes with organic food. And I think it is worth the extra price.
People are aware of the consequences that one has to face when it comes to consuming food produce laced with chemicals. It is a known fact that in the absence of a controlled environment, insects and other biological agents affect the yield of vegetables and fruits. And farmers resort to chemicals such as fertilizers and pesticides in an attempt to increase yield. It is proven that the usage of chemicals cause major health issues such as cancer and drug resistance.
While it might look like an expensive deal with organic food, it is actually not. Direct comparison of costs between organic and conventionally grown food, indicate higher costs of organic food. However, the extra cost is nothing when compared to the hospital bills that one might incur as a result of the side effects of ingesting the chemicals. Ensuring good health is a wise investment. This can bring in a whole lot of benefits to all the members of the family and in extension to society at large.
Understandably, organic farming involves additional costs to maintain a pest free environment without using chemicals. But one has to take into account the many advantages that it has to offer and not get influenced merely by the short term gains of conventionally grown fruits and vegetables.
- Band 9 essay about organic fruits and vegetables
- Band 9 essay about GM foods
- IELTS writing test in Hong Kong and Singapore: Cooking food at home is a waste of time
- IELTS essay: Traditional food is being replaced by international fast food
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Everyone Should Adopt Vegetarianism
- IELTS essay: Restoration of old buildings is expensive
- Band 7 essay about increasing tax on fast foods
- IELTS about economic development and environmental problems
- IELTS essay sample | Fast foods are bad. Do you agree?
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | People Are Becoming Obese