Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Many Criminals Commit Crimes After Serving Punishment
Many offenders commit more crimes after serving the first punishment. Why is this happening, and what measures can be taken to tackle this problem?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
There has been an increase in the number of crimes committed by criminals once they are out of the prison. This is mainly happening because the laws are not stricter and I believe stricter punishments should be enforced to deal with this problem.
The reason why offenders repeatedly commit crime is that laws are not stringent in many countries. These criminals easily find the loop holes in the legislations and utilize those to come out of the jail. As a result, they are not afraid to commit the crime again, thinking that they can easily get off. For instance, in India, many criminals commit crimes but they roam free within a few days of getting convicted. Thus it is clear that the loopholes in legislation are the main reason offenders commit crimes more often.
The best way to reduce the crime rate is for governments to impose stricter punishments on the criminals. This action creates a sense of fear among those who commit premeditated crimes. If they realize the consequences, they will never try to commit crime again. Take the UAE, for example, where punishments, such as stone pelting and hanging to death in front of the public are so common and this immensely helped to curb the crime rates. This nation has recorded the lowest crime figures compared to any other nation in the world.
To conclude, the crime rate is definitely on the rise because of the weaker laws existing in practice, but this problem can be significantly reduced, if governments award capital punishments for the offenders. I hope in the future crime rates will be reduced and the world will be a better place to live in.
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Many Criminals Commit Crimes Again After Serving Time In Prison
- Band 8 essay sample: Many offenders commit more crimes after serving the first punishment
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Convicted Criminals Commit More Crimes After Getting Released From Prison
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Many Criminals Commit Further Crimes As Soon As They Are Released
- IELTS essay sample about keeping criminals in imprisoned for long
- Band 9 Essay Sample About Growing Crime Rates And Capital Punishment
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Juveniles Committing Serious Crimes Should Be Punished In The Same Way As Adults
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample About Awarding Longer Prison Sentences To Criminals
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Why Do Criminals Re-offend After They Have Been Punished?
- IELTS essay sample: Is education more effective than prisons in curbing crimes?