Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | In order to solve traffic problems government should tax private cars owners heavily and use the money to improve public transport
In order to solve traffic problems government should tax private cars owners heavily and use the money to improve public transport. What are the advantages and disadvantages of such a solution?
Here is a band 7.5 essay sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
One of the most pressing issues in every country is the traffic problem. In order to solve this problem, some people suggest that the government should impose heavy tax on private car owners and use that money to improve public transport. In my opinion, this option has advantages and disadvantages.
On the one hand, heavy tax on private vehicles will discourage most people from buying cars. This will also help in reducing pollution to a great extent, as there will be less emission of harmful gases. Also, the tax money collected from this measure can be used to improve public transport. For example, the government can use it to build better roads and well equipped bus stations and railway stations. This will also boost infrastructural development in the country.
However, any such decision to increase tax on private vehicles will put people at a disadvantage. Not everybody resides in areas where they have easy access to public transport. For instance, in most countries farmers own land far from the city. They need their own vehicle to get to the nearest bus station or train station.
Another issue is that if people stop buying cars to avoid taxes it will have an adverse impact on car manufacturers. This will lead to an acute drop in sales and profit and employees will not be paid appropriately. Eventually, this will cause unemployment and hamper the economic growth of the country in the long run.
In conclusion, the decision to impose tax on private vehicles has merits and demerits. It might reduce pollution but at the same time it will cause a great deal of inconvenience to people. Before implementing this decision, the government should consider all the possible consequences.
- IELTS essay: The usage of private cars is increasing. What are the problems associated with this?
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Increasing Tax On Private Vehicles Will Reduce Traffic Congestion
- IELTS essay sample | Why do people buy cars
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Spending Money On Super Fast Trains Vs. Spending It On Existing Public Transport
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | In Order To Solve Traffic Problems People Should Live In Cities
- IELTS essay sample: Some people believe that governments should invest in trains to solve traffic problems
- Band 9 essay sample: How to reduce the number of cars on the road
- IELTS Band 8 letter sample: Problems with public transport
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Increasing The Price Of Petrol Is The Best Solution For Traffic Congestion And Air Pollution
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | Scientific Research should be carried out and controlled by the government rather than private companies