Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Foreign visitors should pay more than local visitors for cultural and historical attraction. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Foreign visitors should pay more than local visitors for cultural and historical attraction. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Tourism is a flourishing industry. People who love to travel go over vast distances to see and appreciate foreign cultures and historical monuments. Some people are of the view that tourists from other countries should be charged more than the local natives for their visits. I, however, do not agree with this opinion.
Local visitors who have grown up and lived their lives surrounded by the cultural values and historic places do not have much appreciation for them. They do not give a lot of importance to this rich heritage and take it for granted. So, there is no reason to give them access at nominal prices.
By contrast, many foreign tourists have a real interest and admiration for other cultures and it is unfair to ask them to pay more for access to historical places. They travel thousands of miles and spend a lot of money to visit foreign countries. If these foreigners were to pay more than the locals, it would only discourage them from making a visit. Therefore, in my opinion, governments should charge the same fee from both international tourists and local visitors.
By doing so, authorities can encourage the international tourists to pay more visits, which will lead to the further development of the tourism industry. This will also make the local visitors realise and appreciate the importance of their cultural heritage. When people from across the globe can spend loads of money to see and admire their heritage, locals have no reason not to pay a visit.
In conclusion, I believe that the foreign tourists should pay the same, if not less, than the locals. When natives see foreigners flocking to their historical attractions, they will also be encouraged to do so.
- Band 9 Essay Sample | More Tourists Than Local People Visit Historical Places
- Band 9 essay sample | Visitors should follow local customs and traditions
- IELTS essay sample | Foreigners visiting cultural places should pay more
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Visitors should follow local customs
- Band 7 Essay Sample | Only Tourists Visit Museums And Monuments
- Band 9 essay sample | Local history is more important than foreign history
- IELTS essay sample | People prefer to watch foreign films rather than local films
- Band 7 essay sample | Travelers should follow local customs
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Many people believe that social networking sites such as Facebook have had a negative impact on both individuals and society. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
- IELTS essay about foreign films and local films