Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Advantages Of Living In Large Apartment Complexes
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
In many cities today, most people live in large apartment blocks. Does this kind of accommodation have more advantages or disadvantages?
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Thanks to the modern amenities provided by large residential apartments many people prefer them to detached houses. In my opinion, the benefits of living in apartment blocks outweigh its drawbacks.
According to a recent survey apartments improve the living standard of its residents. This is because most of the flats are situated at the heart of the cities where people can have easy access to all the modern amenities. Obviously, these advanced facilities help people to broaden their social reach. Furthermore, apartments are close to schools, offices and hospitals and hence staying in them makes life more convenient for residents. They do not have to travel long distances to get to work or school. This saves both time and money for them.
Another important advantage of living in an apartment complex is that it provides a sense of security to the residents. Apartments are safer than stand alone homes in many aspects. First of all, entering this gated community is quite difficult for an outsider due to the presence of multiple gates. Apart from this, advanced security surveillance cameras are installed and security officers employed to monitor and check the activities of visitors. That prevents burglars and other offenders from entering apartments and makes residents safe. Perhaps the biggest downside of living in an apartment is the space constraints. Apartments are smaller but compared to the many advantages they offer, this is a negligible disadvantage.
In conclusion, although there are some disadvantages to living in multi-storey buildings, I think they provide more security and convenience. These are also reasons that encourage more and more people to choose them.
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Do Apartments Have More Advantages Than Houses?
- Band 8.5 essay sample | Apartments are better than houses
- IELTS essay sample | Do high rise apartments make people lonely and unhappy?
- IELTS essay sample | Advantages and disadvantages of living alone
- Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample | People Living In Cities Do Not Get Enough Exercise
- Band 9 essay sample: Is living alone a positive development?
- IELTS essay about advantages and disadvantages of home appliances
- IELTS essay sample | Should old cities be redesigned?
- IELTS essay: Advantages and disadvantages of freelancing
- Band 9 essay sample: Advantages and disadvantages of working from home