This band 7.5 IELTS essay sample was submitted by one of our students.
In some countries, the amount of garbage has become an increasing problem. What are the causes of these problems? What can be done to solve this problem?
Please note that all band score predictions are approximate.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Nowadays, nations are facing issues with the amount of garbage. In this essay, I will first explain the various causes behind the excessive production of garbage and suggest solutions to mitigate this problem.
People use various types of objects to satisfy their daily needs. Not all of them are degradable. Such items include electronics, plastic materials and other similar items made from their combination. These non-degradable substances and their waste materials remain in the environment as garbage for a very long time. Moreover, if they are not recycled properly they remain on dumping grounds and occupy a lot of space. Majorly developing and developed countries face issues with the dumping of such materials. For instance, there are mountains of electronic waste materials in China. China produces a lot of cheap electronics and dumping waste is a major issue in the country.
In order to solve this problem, we need to take actions. It is very important for the authorities to create environmental awareness amongst the people. The public should understand the problems caused by throwing waste around. Additionally, the government can increase taxes on such items to cut down their sale. The government can also run campaigns to promote recycling of items. This will create awareness among people. A typical example of this is to ask people to carry their own reusable bags while they go shopping and avoid the use of plastic bags. This will help to decrease the plastic waste produced. Such small steps can really help in solving the problem.
In conclusion, countries will continue to face such problems if necessary steps are not taken. The authorities and the people should tackle this problem together. Both the parties need to do their part to solve the problem.
IELTS writing correction service
Struggling to get a good score in the IELTS writing module? Get your writing samples corrected by us. We have helped scores of students achieve the score they wanted.
- IELTS report about glass production and recycling
- Band 9 essay sample | Increase in the amount of garbage reaching landfills
- IELTS essay sample: Should consumers avoid over packaged products?
- Band 8 essay sample about excessive use of cars
- IELTS letter sample about garbage issues
- IELTS essay about littering in public places
- IELTS essay about excessive consumption of natural resources
- IELTS report sample about recycling
- IELTS model essay: Do you think that factories and tour operators should bear the cost of cleaning up pollution?
- IELTS essay: Causes of excessive pressure on children