Some people believe that sport competitions are a source of emotional stress for young people. Therefore, youth should be banned from participating in sport competitions. Do you agree or disagree?
The following is an essay submitted by one of our students.
Young people are living under an increasing stress in recent years. Some people claim that the major source of this pressure is sports competitions. They believe adolescents should be prevented from participating in those events. However, I oppose this statement. In my opinion, banning youths from sports events is not the right solution for this issue.
Preventing teenagers from taking part in sports competitions is not only an impractical but also a detrimental measure. Sports competition is believed to be an effective way to inspire young people’s interest on sports. Banning youths from participating sports competitions may result in the lack of attractiveness on sports for young people. Many of youths, therefore, may not be able to realise the importance of doing sports. Consequently, an increasing number of young people might suffer from a variety of health problems due to the lack of exercise. Additionally, we are living in an age of cut-throat competitions. Preventing young people from learning to handle the stress brought by sports competitions may lead them to be vulnerable to tougher competitions in their future career life.
Furthermore, participating sports competitions is not the major source of youth’s stress, instead, it is a effective method of releasing stress. In contemporary society, most of young people are stressed out because their study or work. Doing sports with others is the easiest way to release their pressure after working or school hours. During sports competitions, they can cultivate their sense of teamwork and collaboration. They can also improve their communication skills and make friends with others. It must be admitted participating competitions will inevitably result in some extra stress on the participants. Nonetheless, this can be regarded as a good practice for young people to improve their mental fitness.
To conclude, sports competitions are not the major source of emotional stress for young people. Therefore, preventing youths from taking part in sports competitions is not a solution for the stress problem of young people in current year.
- Band 9 essay sample | Children should be banned from participating in sporting events
- Band 8.5 essay sample | Should governments spend money for training sports people?
- IELTS essay sample | Watching sports is a waste of time
- IELTS essay sample | Watching sports on television affects the health of young people
- IELTS essay about youngsters and adventurous sports
- Band 9 essay about the huge salaries of sports people
- Band 9 essay sample: Should students participate in international student exchange programs?
- IELTS essay sample: Should sports be taught at school?
- IELTS Essay: Sport is becoming a business. Is this a positive development?
- IELTS essay: Do you think that admiring film and sports personalities is a good idea?