Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Young People Are Leaving Their Homes And Villages And Moving To Cities
This band 7.5 essay sample was submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples to get a free band score estimate.
Young people are leaving their homes in rural areas to study or work in the cities. What are the reasons? Do advantages of this development outweigh its disadvantages?
Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Migration from rural areas to cities has become more prevalent due to the availability of better universities and job opportunities there. While some people argue that the disadvantages of this phenomenon outweigh the merits, I believe that this development is beneficial in many ways.
There are two main reasons which urge people to leave their rural villages and towns and move to the cities. The first reason is that most of the universities are located in the cities and these universities attract the ambitious students who want to earn higher degrees. The second reason is that the job market in the cities is more active and therefore, it is much easier for professionals to find jobs there compared to the rural areas where the economic activities are limited.
There is no doubt that there are several disadvantages to this migration such as the exponential population growth in the cities which hits the cities’ infrastructure severely and also this migration leaves the rural areas abandoned and demotes some necessary professions such as farming. But, on the other hand, moving to cities has two major merits for the individuals and nations also have immensely benefited from this phenomenon.
The major advantage gained is the remarkable increase in the numbers of the university graduates which ultimately increases the society’s education level. The second merit is that cities allow more people to have better jobs and enhance their financial conditions.
In conclusion, most of the people in rural areas tend to move to big cities for reasons related to their career and their education. Although there are some disadvantages to this issue, we cannot deny that the individuals and society are benefiting much from this phenomenon.
- Band 7 Essay About Over Population In Cities
- IELTS essay: The quality of life in cities in worsening
- IELTS essay sample | Should old cities be redesigned?
- IELTS essay about raising children in rural and urban areas
- IELTS essay: Should people be allowed to build homes of whatever design and size they prefer
- Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample | People Living In Cities Do Not Get Enough Exercise
- Band 9 essay sample | People now live in different places during their lifetime. Is this a positive trend
- Band 8 essay sample
- Band 9 essay about teachers not wanting to work in rural areas
- Band 7 Essay Sample | People Are Moving to English Speaking Countries