Some people think that instead of preventing climate change, we need to find a way to live with it. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Significant climate changes have been observed in many parts of the world. Some people believe that figuring out a way to adapt to the changing climate rather than preventing it from happening is the best solution to this problem. In my opinion, I agree with this statement to some extents. I think people should try to mitigate the negative effects caused by climate change so that they can live with it. Meanwhile, they should also take some measures to prevent it from getting worse.
It is undeniable that it is necessary for people to find a way to live with the changing climate because it has already happened. We cannot actually prevent something that has already happened. All people must face the truth that the changing climate has brought us a variety of negative impacts. For example, the temperature is increasing and the sea level is rising. Finding a way to mitigate the demerits of these phenomena is, therefore, critical to human beings. Only in this way, the development of human society will not be inhibited by the effects of climate change.
While it is impossible for us to prevent the climate change that has already happened, it does not mean that we can allow the situation to get worse. People still need to find out the reason of climate change and try to come up with a practical solution to prevent it from getting worse. If we only focus on how to adapt the changes but ignore the problem itself, the change of climate will become more significant. The more significant has the climate changed, the more difficult it is for us to deal with it. We have to adopt some measures to prevent it from being unmitigable. Otherwise, the world may suffer from a catastrophic consequence.
To conclude, we have to admit the fact that the climate change has already happened therefore we must find a way to adapt these changes. However, a series of prevention measures still need to be figured out to avoid the predictable worse situation in the future.
- Band 9 essay sample | We need to live with the climate change instead of preventing it
- IELTS essay: Is change a good thing?
- IELTS Essay: Should single adults be encouraged to study and live away from their parents
- Band 9 essay sample | People now live in different places during their lifetime. Is this a positive trend
- IELTS essay about the depletion of natural resources
- IELTS Essay: While some people like to a live sporting event, others prefer to watch it on television
- Band 8 essay sample | Students should learn various subjects