Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Some Employers Want to Contact Their Employees Even on Holidays
The following is an essay submitted by one of our students.
Some employers want to be able to contact their staff at all times, even on holidays. Does this development have more advantages than disadvantages?
Write at least 250 words.
Band 7.5 essay sample
Some employers or managers want their junior colleagues at their reach not only on working days but also on holidays. This trend brings several benefits to the people. However, it also has some drawbacks.
To begin with, some professions in the world demand the employers to be able to contact their staff even on holidays. For instance, medical or nursing professionals should always be ready to attend to the emergencies that occur in order to save people’s life regardless of holidays. In this case the main advantage is they could play an important role in saving lives. Another benefit of working on holidays for the employees is that they get paid for their work or overtime. It can contribute to monthly income of the workers. Furthermore, the company also benefits economically if the employee is ready to work without bothering about the holidays.
On the flip side, people find it difficult and tiring to work without adequate off days. There are several employees who do not want to receive even a single phone call from their employers when they are at home or on holiday because it makes them stressed out. Majority of the people do not want to be interrupted by their bosses because they want to get relaxed or refreshed on their holidays. Moreover, research indicates that people who work without getting enough rest often fail to concentrate on the task they are given the next day. It may affect the company’s productivity.
To conclude, even though both the employers and the employees benefit from getting their work done on holidays, it can have many negative sides. This may cause increased pressure and stress on the employees .So I believe the disadvantages are more obvious than advantages
- Band 8 Essay Sample About The Advantages Of Working From Home
- IELTS essay: Are younger employees more valuable than older employees?
- IELTS essay: Should new employees be promoted to higher positions?
- Band 9 essay sample: Advantages and disadvantages of working from home
- IELTS essay sample: Employees should not be asked to work overtime
- Young employees are more valuable than old employees | Band 7 essay samples
- Band 8 essay sample | Should employees share personal information with the employer?
- Band 7 essay sample about working from home
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Are Interviews The Best Method Of Choosing Employees?
- Band 8 letter sample: Complaint letter