Band 7.5 Essay Sample | People Are Traveling To Dangerous Places
The following is an IELTS essay submitted by one of our students.
Today more and more tourists are visiting places where conditions are difficult, such as Sahara desert or Antarctica. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this travel?
Please note that this essay has not been edited and may contain spelling or grammar mistakes.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
People are choosing unconventional holiday destinations these days. They prefer to visit difficult places like Antarctic or the Sahara desert. In my opinion, this trend has both advantages and disadvantages. In this essay, I shall discuss the benefits and drawbacks of travelling to unexplored places and underpin my opinion with relevant ideas and examples.
To begin with, now-a-days youngsters are more adventurous and keen to visit some uncommon places. The advantages of offbeat traveling are economic growth and employment generation. If holiday makers commute to unconventional destinations, in order to accommodate them more hotels and resorts are required there. This will lead to the economic development of such places. Holiday destinations must have various restaurants and travel agencies and as a result natives will get more job opportunities.
Regarding the disadvantage of this trend, conditions at those places are difficult for the survival of tourists and can put their life in danger. For instance, the temperature of Sahara desert is unbearable for an outsider. Due to excessive heat a human being can suffer a hypovolemic shock and sometimes death may occur. Therefore it is important to gather appropriate knowledge about the local conditions of a place before planning a trip. What’s more, places like Antarctica have a delicate ecosystem. The influx of tourists will cause considerable damage to such areas.
To conclude, undoubtedly travel to offbeat places leads to economic benefits and sounds interesting but on the other hand it will be dangerous for a tourist to visit such destinations. Hence it is crucial to get a doctor’s approval and do some basic research before undertaking such trips.
- Band 9 Essay Sample | More And More People Visit Dangerous Places
- Band 7 essay sample | People are traveling more than ever
- Band 9 Essay Sample | More Tourists Than Local People Visit Historical Places
- IELTS essay: More people are traveling than before. Why is this?
- Band 9 essay sample | People now live in different places during their lifetime. Is this a positive trend
- IELTS essay sample | Foreigners visiting cultural places should pay more
- IELTS essay: Is television a better source of information than traveling?
- Band 8 Essay Sample | More People Are Travelling Than Ever Before
- IELTS essay about littering in public places
- Band 8 Sample About The Advantages And Disadvantages Of English As A Global Language