Band 7.5 essay sample | More young people now occupy positions in the government
Nowadays more and more young people hold important positions in the government. Some people think that is a good thing while others argue that it is not beneficial. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
The following is an essay submitted by one of our students.
It is true that the number of young people who hold highly responsible positions in the government is on the rise.
Some people believe that it is not beneficial to the progress of the country; however, in my opinion, it is a positive trend.
On the one hand, this trend has notable drawbacks. The main issue is that it is really hard for young people to make older people accept their leadership especially in some eastern nations. Young leaders are always thought to have insufficient capabilities to manage such aspects of policy as finance or international affairs. In addition, all of them are short of real experience. If they have not faced many challenges in their career, they are more likely to make mistakes, which can affect the lives of many people.
On the other hand, it seems to me that young people are becoming an increasingly important part of the government and bring a lot of benefits. One reason is that their youth is a huge advantage which allows them to be creative and up-to-date. This is likely to result in innovative breakthrough policies and styles of management. Furthermore, the young have a long period of time to contribute to their nation. For example, with the same abilities and qualifications, a younger candidate is more likely to be elected than an older counterpart in some countries because of his longer anticipated time of dedication to public service in the future.
In conclusion, although there are some strong arguments for and against both views, it seems to me that on the whole it is beneficial that more young people are being selected to play some key roles in the government.
- IELTS essay: Should new employees be promoted to higher positions?
- IELTS essay sample | Young managers are better than older managers. Do you agree?
- Young employees are more valuable than old employees | Band 7 essay samples
- IELTS essay sample | Government should only fund scientific research
- IELTS Essay: Friends have a greater influence than parents on young people
- IELTS essay: Are younger employees more valuable than older employees?
- IELTS Band 7 Essay Samples: Should the government take care of the elderly?
- IELTS Band 7 essay sample: Young people are getting more infleuenced by their friends
- IELTS essay sample: Has gadgets affected the creativity of young people?
- IELTS Essay: The number of older people is rising. What are the advantages or disadvantages of this?