Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Modern Inventions Cause More Problems Than Solutions
The following is an essay submitted by one of our students.
Some people believe that modern inventions have more problems as compared to their benefits. Do you agree or disagree?
Band 7.5 essay sample
Inventions are a result of research which is aimed at improving the standard of life. They increase comfort and convenience. Some people argue that modern innovations have created more problems than solutions. However, I disagree with this argument. I believe it is about how people use technology. I will support my stand with examples in this essay.
Some people say that the nuclear bomb was the best example of the destructive power of science. They forget that the original intention of this research was to generate electricity from nuclear fusion. However, this technology was misused to develop nuclear bomb.
Another example of the negative effects of technology is pollution caused by the burning of fossil fuels. Some people argue that ozone layer depletion and global warming are caused by pollution. They forget that eco-friendly alternatives like wind energy and solar energy are also the result of innovations and can be used to operate machines. It is the responsibility of people to use cleaner sources of energy instead of fossil fuels to protect climate.
A few people claim that computers and the internet are making the lifestyle of youth sedentary which is harmful in the long run. Today’s young people spend more time on social networking website than meeting friends and relatives in person. However, it is about discipline and usage which should be controlled by individuals. Inventions should not be held responsible for this.
Some people also argue that hacking, viruses, credit card scams etc., are also the result of modern innovations. In earlier days, these threats didn’t exist. However, it should be remembered that these problems can be prevented to a certain extent using the same technology.
To sum up, modern inventions are beneficial and make our lives safer, easier and more comfortable. It is up to the individuals to decide how they should use technology. Overuse and lack of control mechanisms are the main drivers of mishaps.
- IELTS essay sample about climate change
- IELTS essay: The usage of private cars is increasing. What are the problems associated with this?
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Health problems caused by obesity and possible solutions
- IELTS sample essay: Modern technology has made our lives more complicated
- IELTS Essay: Technological innovations have affected our lives. Do you agree or disagree?
- Band 6.5 essay sample about the advantages and disadvantages of nuclear energy
- Band 8 essay sample | Advantages of nuclear energy outweigh disadvantages
- IELTS essay sample | Our achievements are bigger than those of ancient cultures
- Nowadays Better Communication Technologies Are Available And Hence People Can Communicate In Numerous Ways | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8.5 essay sample | Instead of preventing climate change we should live with it