Band 7.5 essay sample | Is it fair to use animals for our benefits?
Some people think its ok to benefit from animals, while others think they should not be exploited. Discuss both sides and give your opinion
Band 7.5 essay sample
There is no doubt that, animals are very important part of our ecosystem. Few people believethat it is natural to use animals for one’s own benefit, while others argue that it’s a form of abuse. In this essay, I will discuss points on both sides of the argument and provide my support to the former view.
From times immemorial, human beings have been depending on animals. There is no doubt that we derive great benefit from animal products like milk, medicines, nutritious food. Not only in terms products, but also animals are widely used for transportation and agriculture. I think it is impossible to imagine our lives without the need to depend on animals. For instance, there is no true supplement for animal milk in terms of nutritional value and same goes for drugs that use animal products. As mentioned earlier, they form an important part of our ecosystem, and to me our ecosystems are designed in a way living beings benefit from one another and co-exist in harmony. Now that we have looked into why it is impossible for us to imagine life without benefiting from animals, let’s now switch to the other side of our argument.
In contrast, there are few people who are of the opinion that humans should refrain from exploiting animals. In my view, that’s true to an extent, humans should not hunt or kill animals for pleasure; also they should not mistreat animals by creating a hostile living environment for them. These actions, in long term will harm mankind, because these animals that are being killed for pleasure become extinct which will in turn result in unbalanced ecosystem that’s dangerous. It is important for humans to note that they cannot exist without deriving benefits from animals, and it is there responsibility to ensure animal welfare.
In conclusion, it is evident that humans cannot exist without deriving benefits from animals therefore I support the concept of depending on animals for our benefit, but as discussed earlier this needs to be carried out without subjecting animals to exploitation.
- Protecting wild animals is a waste of resources | Band 8 essay samples
- IELTS essay: Some people believe that animals should not be used for profit. Do you agree or disagree
- IELTS essay: Should zoos be banned?
- IELTS Speaking Test Questions
- IELTS essay sample: Some scientists believe that only certain species of wildlife should be protected
- IELTS writing and speaking test in the UK – January 2012 (academic module)
- IELTS Speaking: How To Prepare For The Interview?
- IELTS essay: Do celebrities experience more problems than the benefits they enjoy?
- IELTS Speaking Test in Australia
- Band 9 essay sample | Keeping pets can cause health problems in children