Band 7.5 Essay Sample | In Order To Meet Growing Energy Requirements Undiscovered Places Should Be Opened Up
Here is a band 7.5 essay sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
With the increased global demand for oil and gas, some people believe that undiscovered areas of the world should be opened up to access more resources. Do you agree or disagree?
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Since the global demand for oil and gas is on the rise some people believe that the government has to allow the exploration of undiscovered areas for more resources. I strongly disagree with this view as this not the viable solution to meet the world’s ever increasing oil and gas demand.
To start with, gas and oil are non-renewable energy sources and there is no guarantee that their supply will last forever. We have already exhausted most of the fossil fuels. Therefore, in my opinion, people’s focus should be on the development of renewable energy sources such as solar, hydro power and wind to name a few.
To elaborate, renewable energy sources are cost effective as they are abundantly available. We only have to harness them using the right technology. Fossil fuels, on the other hand, are harmful to the environment in many ways. They are the number one cause of air pollution which causes several health problems in humans.
Exploring unexplored areas for more fossil fuels will only make the situation worse. While this might meet our energy demands for the time being, the damage done to the environment will be irreparable and as such this is not a viable solution. The main focus of authorities, right now, must be on the development of renewable energy sources to meet the growing energy demand.
To conclude, the global demand for energy will only continue in the coming years. But exploiting new and undiscovered resources is not the solution to this problem. Instead, we should invest in renewable sources of energy.
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample About The Growing Popularity Of Solar Energy
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Demand For Oil And Gas Is Increasing
- IELTS essay sample about climate change
- IELTS essay about the depletion of natural resources
- IELTS essay about excessive consumption of natural resources
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Solar Energy Is Becoming More And More Popular
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Modern Inventions Cause More Problems Than Solutions
- Band 8.5 essay sample | Instead of preventing climate change we should live with it
- Band 8 essay about the growing demand for fresh water resources
- Band 9 essay sample | We need to live with the climate change instead of preventing it