Band 7.5 essay sample | Changing jobs frequently is bad
The following is an essay submitted by one of our readers.
Some people think that people who choose a job early and keep doing it are more likely to have a satisfying career than those who frequently change jobs. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Band 7.5 essay sample
People have different views about the way to achieve a successful career. While trying out different jobs can give better chances to find the perfect position, I believe that having a defined career direction at an early stage tend to lead to greater results.
On the one hand, I think settling down early can be extremely beneficial to one’s career. Firstly, by doing that, you can build up working experiences at a young age and quickly become an expert in your own field. It is a big advantage for your career in the long run which could help achieve higher up positions in the organization. For example, most NGOs require at least 5 to 7 years of relevant working experiences for their manager roles. Secondly, by staying at a company for a long time, workers can establish a large network that could be helpful to their jobs. Finally, the early adaptation to the working environment and company culture can maximize their skills and potentials and help achieve their goals at a speedy time.
However, some people have their own reasons to change jobs frequently. Nowadays, it is not an early task for young workers to find a suitable job. Recent research shows that 70% of fresh graduates in Vietnam do not work in their professions, therefore, they keep seeking for new opportunities. In addition, the most important factor of a long-running career is job satisfaction. Instead of sticking to a job that you start to lose interest in, taking up different roles can be joyful experiences that make you realize where you truly belong to.
In conclusion, pursuing a successful career, in my opinion, is a long and winding road that requires a clear direction, patience and the confidence to make changes when needed.
- IELTS essay sample | The structure of families and roles of family members are changing
- IELTS essay: Certain jobs are more suitable for men than women
- IELTS about the growing popularity of part time jobs
- IELTS essay sample | Seniors and youngsters are competing for the same jobs
- Band 7.5 essay sample: Summer jobs
- IELTS essay: Youngsters prefer to move to the city whereas seniors prefer the countryside
- IELTS essay sample | Technology has resulted in the loss of jobs
- Band 8 essay sample | Part time jobs make students stressed out
- IELTS essay: People should choose a job they love. Do you agree?
- IELTS essay: Do you think that moving abroad for better jobs is good?