Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Being a celebrity such as a famous film star or sports personality brings problems as well as benefits. Do you think that being a celebrity brings more benefits or more problems?
Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
Some people believe that the advantages of being a celebrity outweigh the disadvantages. I completely agree with this statement because the benefits that come with being a celebrity are numerous; however there are also some drawbacks. Both advantages and disadvantages will be discussed in this essay.
To start with, the main disadvantage of being a celebrity is that they are constantly in the public eye and hence they cannot enjoy the sort of privacy that an ordinary person enjoys. Celebrities are easily recognized by their fans, critics and the media. Consequently, they have to be careful / cautious especially when they are in public places.
Recently, it has been observed that the media take advantage of the popularity of celebrities. For example, newspapers, magazines and television channels enhance their readership or viewership by publishing stories related to the personal life of celebrities. Some even go to the extent of fabricating catchy, defamatory and false stories about celebrities to promote the sales of their works. To be honest, this is unfair to the celebrities.
However, despite the drawbacks, the benefits of being a celebrity are many. The feeling that comes with the fame, and the knowledge that people recognize and appreciate you for the work you do is awesome and great. In addition, Celebrities are being hired / signed for endorsing products and services. They are known to have a large fan base and hence they are employed as ambassadors by politicians during election campaigns to win votes. They are well rewarded in cash or kind.
In conclusion, after analysing both aspects of the situation it is not hard to see that there are more benefits than disadvantages to being a celebrity. The main problem that celebrities face is the intrusion into their privacy. However, the advantages such as financial gains, public recognition and appreciation make any disadvantages pale in comparison.
- IELTS essay: Do celebrities experience more problems than the benefits they enjoy?
- Band 9 IELTS essay: Advantages and disadvantages of being a celebrity
- Should media write about the private lives of celebrities | IELTS essay
- IELTS essay about celebrities and their personal lives
- IELTS essay sample | Media is paying too much attention to famous people
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Celebrities Support Charitable Causes for Their Own Benefits
- IELTS essay: Do you think that admiring film and sports personalities is a good idea?
- Media coverage of celebrities is affecting the development of children | IELTS essay sample
- Band 8 Sample About The Advantages And Disadvantages Of English As A Global Language
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Some Employers Want to Contact Their Employees Even on Holidays