The following is an essay submitted by one of our students.
Some people think that when recruiting people a company should aim to find people who are innovative and are able to work independently while others think that they should recruit people who are able to work in a team and follow instructions.
Discuss both views and give your opinion.
Band 7.5 essay sample
A company’s productivity mainly depends on the staff’s talents in different aspects. While some people think that when hiring people the company’s priority should be finding people who are creative and self-reliant, others argue that the skill to work in a team is more important. I believe both independence and teamwork are necessary skills for an employee.
To begin with, people who are innovative bring new ideas to their work and aid to the development of the institution they work in. Innovation is very crucial for the progress of the any organisation. A business group, for example, may not experience growth when they follow the same path for many years. An innovative and independent employee would be able to take decisions according to the situation and lead the company to success. Moreover, a person who is having many ideas tends to share his thoughts with the other colleagues and encourage them to be innovative.
On the other hand, according to some people, team work is more vital compared to the other skills. The reason behind this is that in their opinion, the employees have to complete their projects or tasks as a team. No one is actually taking individual decisions. In fact they are following instructions given by their managers. Sometimes individual decisions even cause clash among employees. Furthermore, they argue that in most cases, the freshly hired employees start as juniors. They do not immediately go to managerial positions that require them to make independent decisions. Majority of the decisions are taken by the senior staff. Therefore the quality of self reliance is irrelevant in most occasions.
To conclude, both the traits of independence and team work play different roles in the growth of the company. So in my opinion both these qualities are equally important for the success of an organisation.
- Band 8 Essay Sample About Ways To Improve Performance Of Employees
- Band 8.5 essay sample | Only staff who worked in a company for a long time should be given promotion
- IELTS essay sample | Schools should teach students to become good citizens rather than independent thinkers
- Band 7 essay sample: Decisions should be made by managers and not employees
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Some Employers Want to Contact Their Employees Even on Holidays
- IELTS essay: Are younger employees more valuable than older employees?
- Band 7 essay sample | Should employees be part of decision making?
- IELTS essay: Should new employees be promoted to higher positions?
- Band 8 essay sample: Is salary more important than the quality of the workplace?
- Sentences that do not have an independent clause