Band 7.5 Essay Sample About Growing Crime Rates
The following is an essay submitted by one of our students.
There seems to be an increasing number of serious crimes being committed each year. While some think that the best way is to use the death penalty as a deterrent, many people believe that other measures will be needed.
Discuss both sides of view ?
Band 7.5 essay sample
These days, serious crimes being committed are spiking in numbers annually. While some people are of the opinion that capital punishment is the best way to tackle the problem, the majority argue that other actions will be required. This essay will discuss both sides of the argument in detail.
To begin with, some people maintain that execution is the most effective way to reduce these kind of crimes’ rates. They believe that applying justice on the criminals will reduce tensions in communities and will discourage other intended criminals from committing such crimes. For example, a recent study in the U.S. found that major crimes in states that apply capital punishment are far less than in the states which do not implement such a punishment. These people argue that capital punishment is the ultimate solution to combat major crimes.
On the other hand, most people maintain that there should be other rules to fight major crimes. They say that governments around the world should investigate the causes of the increasing rates of these types of crimes, such as increase purchase of guns, in order to address them properly. For instance, in 1980s, the Japanese government acknowledged that the easy possessing of firearms was the cause of the increased number of homicide, so after addressing the issue the rate of homicide has significantly decreased ever since. In their opinion, such measures are needed to solve the problems of increased rates of major crimes and as a result few people will lose their lives in such crimes.
In conclusion, the major crimes rates are skyrocketing nowadays. Although some of public believe that killing of the convicted criminals is the best way to tackle the problem, most of them maintain that other rules and actions can be taken to decrease the rates of these types of crimes. This essay discussed the various reasons why the public holds these points of view and weather capital punishment is effective or other rules needed.
- Band 9 Essay Sample About Growing Crime Rates And Capital Punishment
- Band 7.5 essay sample | Crime rates are increasing
- Band 8 Essay Sample About Rising Crime Rates
- Band 9 essay sample | Eliminating poverty is the best way to reduce crime rates
- IELTS Band 7 essay sample: Is capital punishment justified?
- Band 9 essay sample | There should be fixed punishments for each crime
- Capital punishment should be abolished | Band 7 essay sample
- IELTS essay about growing crime rate
- IELTS essay sample about keeping criminals in imprisoned for long
- Band 7 essay sample | There should be fixed punishments for each crime