Band 6.5 IELTS Essay Sample | The Countryside Should Be Used For Building Homes
Here is a band 6.5 IELTS essay sample submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
In many places, new homes are needed, but the only space available for building them is in the countryside. Some people believe it is more important to protect the countryside and not build new homes there.
Band 6.5 IELTS essay sample
In many parts of the world, there has been a stimulating discussion about whether or not to build new homes in the countryside. Some people argue that building new houses in the countryside is less important than the protection of these zones. In my opinion, the countryside is the most important place for any civilization because it is where the majority of food grows and animals are feed in order to supply food to the cities.
Developing suburbs in those areas that are being used for an agricultural purpose might have egregious consequences for the cities. Food has been harvested in these places for over ten years and farmers know the number of crops that they will produce at the end of the season. Building new homes in these areas could create a huge issue to farmers as they may be relocated to an unknown zone. Therefore, they will have to learn the weather, soil and pests conditions, and as a consequence, they might harvest a reduce amount of crops in comparison to the previous location, which will lead to an increase in the market price. To illustrate, in 2014 it was reported by The Daily Mail in Geelong, Australia that the release of farmland with building purposes lead to skyrocketed the rice price as the production was reduced by more than fifty percent. This forced Australians to buy rice from overseas at higher prices that they used to buy before the new development.
Farm animals will be relocated to new lands if the space available is assigned to new developments. Animals living in the countryside have a certain type of grass or food in their diet, and these nutrients might not be available in the new location. Thus, this could lead to several human diseases and to an increase in the veterinarian expenses to look after the health of the farm animals. For example, a study made by The University of California showed that in San Diego the relocation of a cattle creates a bacteria in the milk production due to a new type of grass. Which caused the waste of more than one million liters of milk and the hospitalization of several people.
To conclude, In my point of view, the countryside is vital for the human being and using this space with the purpose of new living spaces might create consequences that are going to cost more than finding new locations for these properties to be built. Crops might be reduced the production in numbers and animals can be acquired sickness that might affect the inhabitants of the area.
- IELTS essay: Should people be allowed to build homes of whatever design and size they prefer
- IELTS essay sample | It is better to raise children in cities than in the countryside
- Building more sports facilities is the best way to improve public health | IELTS essay sample
- IELTS essay sample | The growth in population is the biggest threat humanity faces
- IELTS essay: Youngsters prefer to move to the city whereas seniors prefer the countryside
- IELTS essay sample | Building more sports facilities is the best way to improve public health
- Band 7.5 Essay Sample | Young People Are Leaving Their Homes And Villages And Moving To Cities
- IELTS essay: Some people believe that animals should not be used for profit. Do you agree or disagree
- Band 9 essay about organic fruits and vegetables
- IELTS essay: Restoration of old buildings is expensive