Band 6.5 essay sample about the advantages and disadvantages of nuclear energy
The following is an essay submitted by one of our students. It has not been edited by us and may contain several spelling or grammar mistakes.
The threat of nuclear weapons maintains world peace. Nuclear power provides cheap and clean energy. The benefits of nuclear technology far outweigh the disadvantages. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Band 6.5 essay sample
Revolution in Nuclear Technology has brought several benefits. Possession of Nuclear Weapons have created fear between countries leaving conflicts unresolved, moreover nuclear power is turned out to serve energy need economically and in environmental friendly way. However, drawbacks f nuclear technology can not be overseen which are hazardous disasters if it is misused. In my opinion, even though nuclear technology has brought plenty of advantages but cons of its usage holds more weightage.
On the one hand, invention of nuclear technology has blessed mankind by providing affordable energy. Consequently, it helps to meet their power demand and foster the development of economy. Additionally, development of nuclear weapons has created threat between first world countries from each other and forcing them to resolve their conflicts by debate. As a result, there is little of no worry about arising situations like world war. Hence, it is palpable that nuclear energy has capability to flourish economy and make a world a better place to live.
On the another hand, It is not wise to gloss over the perilous effects of nuclear disasters. Nowadays, terrorism is increasing at alarming rate and use of nuclear weapons by such anti humanitarian activity could be fatal. Moreover, such disasters could even occur in the process of generating nuclear power and testing nuclear weapons and effect society severally leading to deformities in many generations. For example, historical attack on Japan in World war II by nuclear missile had its effects for several decades. Therefore, nuclear technology has several negative repercussions on society.
Finally, although development of nuclear technology has brought several benefits for mankind but it can not be accepted unless it becomes completely safe for mankind. It cannot be accepted as beneficial technology until there are some activists around the world who gravitate towards its use to create terror in the world.
In conclusion, I believe from points above that disadvantages arising from misuse of nuclear technology as well as horrendous tragedy from nuclear disaster can overshadow all possible benefits.
- Band 8 essay sample | Advantages of nuclear energy outweigh disadvantages
- IELTS essay about the advantages and disadvantages of modern communication technologies
- Band 9 essay sample: Advantages and disadvantages of working from home
- IELTS essay about advantages and disadvantages of home appliances
- IELTS essay sample: The advantages and disadvantages of the internet
- IELTS Reading Practice Test
- Band 9 Essay Samples | Advantages and Disadvantages of Online Shopping
- IELTS essay sample | Do credit cards have more advantages than disadvantages?
- Band 9 IELTS essay: Advantages and disadvantages of being a celebrity
- Band 9 essay about the advantages and disadvantages of computers