At Present, The Population Of Some Countries Include A Relatively Large Number Of Young Adults | Band 9 Essay Sample
At present, the population of some countries includes a relatively large number of young adults compared with the number of older people. Do the advantages of this situation outweigh the disadvantages?
Here is a band 9 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me. Follow us on Youtube for IELTS writing tips.
Band 9 IELTS essay sample
In some countries, there are more young people than old people. While I do admit that this situation does have some downsides, in my opinion, the merits of having more youngsters certainly overshadow the demerits.
To start with the benefits, the youth play a vital role in nation building. Young talents are an asset to the society because they are ready to explore any situation without fear. They learn new ideas and techniques faster and can produce excellent results while older people are slow to master new technologies. In addition, if more young people work efficiently in different sectors of the industry, the economy will reach higher levels in a very short period. What is more, young people are healthier, so when they account for a greater proportion of the population, the government can reduce its spending on healthcare. Overall, having more young people is largely beneficial for a country.
On the other hand, there are also a few drawbacks to having more young people. To start with, they are inexperienced. For example, a young professional who has just started practicing as a doctor does not enjoy the same reputation as an experienced doctor who has been seeing patients for decades. When people fall ill, they will want to go to the old doctor because they trust his experience. Obviously, a country needs a fair number of experienced and wise elderly people. Another downside of having more young people is that if the government cannot provide enough jobs for them it will lead to several social and financial problems.
In conclusion, there are merits and demerits to having more young people in a country. Even so, in my opinion, a young country is more likely to healthier, happier, richer and more productive. Hence, I believe that the benefits of this situation outweigh the demerits.
- Band 8.5 Essay Sample | There Are More Young People Than Old People In Many Countries
- In Some Countries, Young People Are Encouraged To Work Or Travel For A Year Between High School And University | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- It Is Better For Young People To Get Advice From Old People Than Young Ones | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Shopping Is Now One Of The Most Popular Forms Of Leisure Activity For Young Adults | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 essay sample | More young people now occupy positions in the government
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | It Is Not Wise For A Company To Replace Its Old Employees With Young Employees
- Some People Believe That Countries Should Produce Enough Food To Feed Their Population | How To Organize Ideas For This Essay
- Many Young People Nowadays Are Imitating Celebrities In Sports And Movies | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Continued Rise In The World’s Population Is The Greater Problem Faced By Humanity At Present | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- As Global Trade Increases Between Countries, Many Daily Necessities Are Produced In Other Countries | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample