As Communication Technology Develops, It Changes The Way We Communicate With Friends And Family Members | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
As communication technology develops, it changes the way we communicate with friends and family members compared to the past. Do you think this has more advantages or disadvantages?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
In contemporary settings, it is generally acknowledged that people’s way of interacting with their relations has transformed from face-to-face conversations to video calls or text messages through the usage of advanced telecommunication devices such as mobile phones or computers. While some people believe that this is facilitating individuals’ social lives, I do not agree with them and conversely, I believe that it generates more drawbacks.
It is true that the modern interaction has brought some benefits to people’s social lives. To be more specific, it is common for people to relocate to other places for their career or academic pursuits, and under this circumstance, the usage of modern technology such as mobile phones enables them to conveniently communicate with each other on a daily basis: and this plays significant roles in maintaining the quality of their social lives. Also, the utilization of such technologies provides people opportunities to make friends with netizens all over the world without taking their physical locations into consideration. This is why modern people have the largest circle of friends and it is the solid proof of the enhancement of their social lives, whereas in the past individuals’ social circles were limited to the people they live or work with.
However, the disadvantages of such cutting-edge gadget-based communication obviously exist. In recent years/ these days, most people focus on interacting with their virtual friends and expanding their social networks and have no time to interact with their family members or friends, resulting in the isolation of them. Even when attending a family function or a meeting, people are busy browsing their social media accounts and thus they fail to be attentive to the people around them. Also, such convenient ways of communication make individuals neglect stepping outside and communicating with others in person, which exerts serious adverse influence on the maintenance of their relationships, since video calls or sending text messages cannot replace the warmth of face-to-face conversations.
In conclusion, while new mode of communication has generated some benefits, it also has created more drawbacks.
- Face To Face Communication Will Become A Thing Of Past Because Of Internet Based Communication | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- More And More Businesses And Individuals Are Choosing To Communicate Using Technology | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Television Has Destroyed Communication Among Friends And Family | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Claim That Family Members Are More Important Than Friends | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay about the advantages and disadvantages of modern communication technologies
- More And More Businesses As Well As Individuals Are Choosing To Communicate Using Technology | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Modern Technology Is Making People More Sociable | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
- There Are Social, Medical And Technical Problems Associated With The Use Of Mobile Phones | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Technology Has Made People Less Social | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think It Is More Important To Spend Time Developing Their Career While Others Think Time With Friends And Family Is More Important | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample