Most artists earn low salaries and should therefore receive funding from the government in order for them to continue with their work. To what extent do you agree?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS essay sample
Artists generally earn less all over the world; therefore it is believed that the government should help them financially so that they can continue their work. I completely agree with this sentiment as artists represent a country on the international stage so they have to be encouraged and also they play an important role in shaping the culture and history of a nation.
Art knows no boundaries and any good piece of art is appreciated around the world and this helps a nation to get recognition in the international circuit. In order to encourage this, the state has to fund the under paid artists so that they can represent their country in various fields. For instance, the greatest Bismillah Khan who used to play a musical instrument called Shehnai was from a very humble background. He was very talented and one of the best in his field. The government recognized this and supported him in every way. He went on to become the best musician in his domain globally and received many international awards. Thus we can see how funding an artist can make a country proud on the international platform.
Furthermore, artists play a significant role in taking the traditional culture forward through music, food, movies and many other artistic activities. As a result, in order to give a boost to the cultural activities the government should fund all the deserving artists. For example, handicraft industry is a very old form of art work in India. It is not a very highly paid job but directly connected to the traditions and customs of India. To support these handicraft workers the state has implemented many schemes through which they can obtain the benefits and gain reasonable amount of profit from their work. This step by the government has kept the traditional handicraft industry alive. Thus, clearly it is very vital for the administration to support the artists so that the old form of art and tradition is preserved and maintained.
In conclusion, I firmly believe that the government has to support artists and fund them so that they can flourish in their fields and thus preserve the traditional culture and bring international recognition to a nation in different spheres.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Many Artists Earn Low Salaries And Therefore Should Receive Funding From The Government | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Artists Should Receive Government Aid
- More Artists Earn Low Salaries And Hence The Government Should Support Them | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay sample | Should governments fund artists?
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | The Government Should Allot More Funds For The Teaching Of Science
- IELTS Essay: Should governments provide financial assistance to artists?
- Some People Think That The Government Is Wasting Money On Arts | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- IELTS essay: Are artists valuable to society?
- IELTS essay sample | Government should only fund scientific research
- Band 9 essay sample | Government should stop wasting money on arts