Artists need a certain amount of freedom to develop their creativity | Band 8.5 IELTS essay sample
Artists need a certain amount of freedom to develop their creativity. Some people think that artists should have total freedom to express any thoughts and ideas. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Here is a band 8.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 8.5 IELTS essay sample
Artists require the freedom of expression to some extent to develop innovative ideas. Some people argue that full freedom to express any opinion or ideas need to be given to artists. In my opinion, artists should be given enough freedom to express their ideas but total freedom is not required.
Artists should have the liberty to express their views and original ideas without having to worry about the consequences. When they have the freedom to express, more and more people will turn to arts and this will enrich our culture and civilisation. Moreover, many artists highlight several social issues and they spread awareness among the masses. Many of them stand for social justice. After a rape case of an 8 year old girl in India, many people expressed their anger and emotions through songs and these songs became viral on social media. Thus it aroused feelings of many people and the authorities were forced to take immediate action against the criminals.
However, the art works should not have any destructive impact on the society. There have been several incidences where artworks like paintings created tension and violence. For example M F Hussain’s paintings of nude Indian Goddesses created chaos among Hindu people. In addition to this, objectifying women in various art works may negatively influence children and teenagers. They may see women as mere objects of lust and fail to respect them. In other words, creating negative emotions through art increases the crime and violence in the society and can lead to many problems.
To conclude, some amount of freedom is necessary for artists to thrive; however, total freedom can be a bad thing because it will encourage at least some artists to create artworks that have a negative impact on the society.
- IELTS essay: Are artists valuable to society?
- Band 9 essay sample | Is freedom of speech essential in a free society?
- IELTS essay sample | Should governments fund artists?
- Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample | Artists Should Receive Government Aid
- IELTS Essay: Should governments provide financial assistance to artists?
- IELTS sample essay: Are artists more popular than scientists?
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Should Governments Support Art And Artists?
- IELTS essay sample: Has gadgets affected the creativity of young people?
- IELTS essay sample | Should government ask media to stop reporting violence?
- Band 9 essay sample | Government should stop wasting money on arts