An Increasing Number Of Schools Provide Tablets And Laptop Computers For Students To Use In School | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
An increasing number of schools provide tablets and laptop computers for students to use in school, replacing books and other printed materials like exams and assignments. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this trend?
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
Many schools are using technological gadgets, such as laptops and tablets instead of books and other printed form of materials. The main advantage of this development is that students become familiar with technology from a very young age. The main disadvantage is that staring at a screen for long hours can cause eye strain in children.
The foremost benefit of adding technology to education is that learners become familiar with these products. If they use laptops in their daily life, it will become easier for them to gain expertise in a short span of time. Another advantage is that we can reduce the use of paper. If children use tablets instead of printed books in class, a number of trees that would have been cut down to produce paper can be saved. This benefits the environment. Students who use electronic devices for learning purposes also do not have to carry heavy bags to school.
On the other hand, staring at a blue screen for hours on end can cause eye strain in children. It can also affect their attention spans. Studies have shown that the blue light emitted by smart screens can even affect the hormonal balance in the body in addition to causing vision disturbances. Also, who grow up learning on the computer may fail to develop even basic writing skills. Computer programmes come with features like spell checkers; consequently, children who use them all the time may fail to memorize spellings. In other words, excessive dependence on technology hurts not only their physical health but also their cognitive abilities.
To conclude, although there are several benefits to using computers instead of printed books, it can lead to adverse ramifications. In my opinion, it is perfectly all right to use computers in the classroom; however, it is not advisable to fully replace printed materials with tablets or laptops.
- An Increasing Number Of Schools Provide Tablets And Laptop Computers For Students To Use In School | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Main Purpose Of Public Libraries Is To Provide Books, And They Should Not Provide Hi-tech Computer Software Or Videos | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Students are becoming more and more reliant on computers | Band 8 IELTS essay sample
- Band 9 essay sample | Printed books and magazines have lost their importance
- Today Some People Insist That All Students Have Their Own Laptop Computer In Class | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That Books Should Be Stopped In School And That Video Films And Computers Should Be Used Instead | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Think That eBooks Are The Death Of Paper Books | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- The Main Purpose Of Public Libraries Is To Provide Books, And They Should Not Waste Their Limited Resources On Videos And CDs | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- Students Are Becoming More And More Reliant On Computers | Band IELTS Essay Sample
- Some People Say That We Can Now Watch Films On Phones And Tablets | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample