The graph below shows the quantities of goods transported in the UK between 1974 and 2002 by four different modes of transport.
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS report on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS report sample
The amount of goods transported by four different modes of transport namely road, water, rail and pipeline in the UK over a 28-year period from 1974 to 2002 is shown in the line graph. The quantity is expressed in million tonnes.
Overall, the highest amount of goods was transported via road whereas pipeline remained the least commonly used mode of transportation over the entire period. Although there were some fluctuations, transport by road, water and pipeline showed an upward trend while/whereas transportation via rail reduced for a while before returning to the same levels. In 1974, around 70 million tonnes of goods were transported by road and this quantity rose to about 100 million tonnes towards the end of the period.
Pipeline transported 5 million tonnes of goods in 1974. This figure increased steadily over the years and in 2002, about 20 million tonnes of goods were transported using this means. Both water and railways transported about 40 million tonnes of goods in 1974 and that quantity remained more or less the same over the next four years. Afterwards, transportation by water ways rose whereas transportation by railways declined. During the period from 1986 to 1994, waterways transported around 60 million tonnes of goods. This quantity declined to around 50 million tonnes in 1998 and rose to about 65 million tonnes over the next four years.
By contrast, quantity of transportation by rail declined to 30 million tonnes in 1984 and showed fluctuations until 1998 before rising again to 40 million tonnes in 2002.
- Airport Visitors | Band 7 Academic IELTS Report
- IELTS Academic Report Sample | Visits To And From UK
- Task 1 Academic IELTS Report | Units Of Electricity Produced In Australia And France
- Band 7.5 Academic IELTS Report Sample
- Band 8 report about average house prices in various cities
- IELTS Task 1 Report About Amount Of Money That US Charity Spent And Received
- Band 7.5 IELTS Report | Academic Task 1 | Development Of A Village
- Participation In Leisure Activities | Band 9 IELTS Report | Academic Module Task 1
- IELTS report about population in four countries
- Band 9 report about cellular and fixed line call volume