The words amiable and amicable are often confused.
Amiable is usually used to describe persons and amicable is used to describe actions, gestures, etc.
The next door neighbors are amiable persons.
Amiable neighbors help make a house a home.
The hostess was an amiable woman.
The union and the company reached an amicable settlement in their contract dispute.
We must find an amicable solution to the problem.
If wars are to end, nations must find amicable means to settle their disputes.
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | You Recently Started Work In A New Company
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Scientists Are More Influential Than Politicians
- IELTS Speaking: Questions about home town
- Linking words: anyway; anyhow; at any rate
- Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample | Developed Nations Have a Greater Responsibility to Tackle Climate Change
- Band 7 letter sample | Letter to a neighbour
- General grammar exercise
- IELTS Band 8 Letter Sample: Letter to a friend thanking him for a favour
- Band 8 essay | Should wealthy nations help poor nations?
- Band 8 Letter Sample | Letter To An English Speaking Friend