All over the world, the rich are becoming richer and the poor are becoming poorer. What problems does this cause? How can we overcome the problems of poverty?
Here is a band 7 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected to me.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
The issue of poverty is increasing at an alarming rate throughout the world. Owing to this, the wealthy people are increasingly growing wealthier and the condition of the impoverished is worsening. This essay will discuss the major reasons behind this situation and will propose some measures to ameliorate it.
One of the major issues caused by such a big financial gap between the two sections of the society is the social imbalance and the subsequent exploitation of the weaker section of the society. As all the power lies in a handful of people, the economy of such countries are dominated by them. As a result, they neglect the others and the condition of the poor degrades even more. For instance, in Zimbawe, the whole economy of the country depends on two dominant business tycoons for economical growth and job opportunities and the families of them are given royal treatment; however, their attitude towards the impoverished is awful.
To avoid such situations, the government should take measures to provide basic resources such as education to the economically deprived. Additionally, the authorities should give fair job opportunities to such people. For instance, a certain percentage of seats should be reserved in schools, colleges and work places for the poor people. Secondly, the government should decide a threshold beyond which the rich people cannot earn, and if they do so, they have to invest that much amount for the upliftment of the underprivileged section of the society.
In conclusion, as the gap between the rich and the poor is increasing in some countries, the poor section of the society has to face major issues of ill-treatment and the balance of the society is also disturbed. To overcome such situations, the government should understand the gravity of the situation and act wisely and in favour of all citizens.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- All Over The World The Rich Are Becoming Richer And The Poor Are Becoming Poorer | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Rich Are Becoming Richer And Poor Are Becoming Poorer | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- In Many Countries, The Rich Are Becoming Richer And The Poor Are Becoming Poorer | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Rich Countries Are Getting Richer And Poor Countries Are Getting Poorer
- IELTS essay sample | The rich are getting richer
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | The Gap Between The Rich And The Poor Is Widening
- Some People Believe That Modern Technology Is Increasing The Gap Between The Rich And The Poor | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Some people think that the range of technology currently available is increasing the gap between rich people and poor people.
- Band 9 essay sample | The rich nations should help the poor nations
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Rich Nations Should Change Their Attitude Towards Poor Nations To Eradicate Poverty