The chart below shows the number of travellers using three major airports in New York City between 1995 and 2000.
Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features, and make comparisons where relevant.
Here is a band 7 IELTS report on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7 IELTS report
The bar graph shows / illustrates information about the number of passengers who used the three busiest airports in New York City over a period of five years from 1995 to 2000. Overall, it can be seen that the number of people using LaGuardia and Newark airports increased over the years whereas John F. Kennedy showed a fluctuating trend in the number of users.
As for La Guardia airport, it was the most popular airport throughout the period except in 1997, whereas John F. Kennedy was the busiest airport among the three in 1997. In 1995, around 35 million passengers used Le Guardia airport and this number gradually rose over the next years and reached 50 millions in 1999. The number of travelers using this airport hit 70 million in the year 2000. Similarly, the number of travelers using Newark rose from 15 million in 1995 to just above 40 million in 2000. The number of travelers using John F Kennedy airport was the highest in 1997 (48 million) and 2000 (42 million). This airport was also the second busiest airport in the years 1995, 96 and 2000.
- IELTS Academic Report Sample | Visits To And From UK
- Band 8 report about average house prices in various cities
- IELTS report about population in four countries
- Band 8 IELTS report
- Band 7.5 IELTS Report | Academic Task 1 | Development Of A Village
- IELTS report about US University applications
- Band 7.5 IELTS Report Sample | India China Population
- IELTS Writing: Report 2
- Band 7.5 report about US University applications
- Band 8 Academic IELTS Report Sample | Information About The Different Types Of Audio Media