Air And Water Pollution Has Become A Major Problem In Many Developing Countries | Band 7 IELTS Essay Sample
In many developing countries, there is a problem with declining quality of air and water from both industry and construction. What measures could be taken to prevent this?
Here is a band 7 essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7 IELTS essay sample
Due to urbanization and industrial growth, many developing nations now face the problem of water and air pollution. This essay will discuss certain measures that can be taken to prevent this problem.
One measure that can be implemented to solve this issue is to form / have strict rules and regulations regarding the location of the industry. If the industry is located within the limits of the city, it will have a major impact on the quality of air and water. Hence, the government should enact laws that stipulate that industries can only be established on the outskirts of the city. In addition to this, the factories should be designed in such a way that they produce less smoke and other harmful particles. For example, the smoke outlet chimney should be constructed so high that the pollutants do not settle in the local surroundings. This measure will prevent air pollution in many developing countries.
Another measure is to have an effective waste management / disposal system. Industries produce a huge amount of waste products which are then released into the seas and rivers. This results in water pollution. In order to eliminate this issue, industries must be required to segregate their hazardous waste materials and destroy them by using proper waste disposal method such as incineration. For instance, if industrial workers are given training regarding the segregation of materials into separate categories such as plastic, debris and iron, the disposal becomes easier. This method helps in saving the water of developing nations from being polluted.
To conclude, since the quality of air and water is decreasing in developing countries, the government should play a major role in forming various environmental laws. Enforcement of laws is also very important to tackle the pollution. Also, educating the workers about the safe disposal of waste will reduce pollution to a great extent.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS essay about increasing air and water pollution in developing nations
- Some people argue higher taxes should be collected from industries causing higher industrial pollution | Band 9 IELTS essay sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Quality Of Air And Water Is Declining Due To Industries And Construction
- IELTS Essay: Are multinational companies good for the economies of developing countries?
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | More developing countries are being given aid by international organizations to help them in their development plans
- Band 9 Essay Sample | Government Should Reduce Pollution and Improve Housing to Prevent People from Falling Ill
- Pollution And Environmental Problems Cannot Be Avoided | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Air Travel Should Be Restricted Because It Causes Pollution | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- There Should Be Strict Laws To Control Noise Pollution | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 Essay Sample | Rich Countries Are Getting Richer And Poor Countries Are Getting Poorer