Some students work while studying. Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of this trend and give your opinion?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
There are lots of youngsters who work part time while they are still at school. Working part-time early on helps students to gain real world experiences but this also prevent them from getting involved in various extra-curricular activities at school. This essay explores the advantages and disadvantages of working part time.
Working while in high school offers various advantages to the students. They gain real world experiences very early on and learn how to manage the time between work and school, which is a very important skill to master for future successes. The exposure to the workplace helps them build their character and discover their strengths. Working outside gives them an opportunity to meet with various people and handle difficult circumstances.
On the flip side, there are an equal number of disadvantages to working part time. Working part time means students have to manage both work and studies. This may hurt their focus and affect their performance. For example, they might have an important exam at school and a stressful situation at work simultaneously. In such situations it becomes very hard to concentrate on either of them. By contrast, a student who does not work part time is more likely to do better in their exam. Students who work also regularly miss out on various extra-curricular activities or playtime with friends. These can impact social bonding with their peers.
To conclude, working while studying definitely has advantages that help students to succeed in life; however, these children also miss out on a lot of activities that their peers engage in. It is recommended that children should understand both sides of the situation before choosing to work while they are still at school.
Do you have an essay on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 9 essay sample: Advantages and disadvantages of working from home
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample About The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Working From Home
- Band 7 essay sample | Advantages and disadvantages of working from home
- IELTS essay about the advantages and disadvantages of computer games
- Band 9 essay sample about the advantages and disadvantages of working from home
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample |Advantages And Disadvantages Of Taking A Year Off Between High School And University
- Advantages And Disadvantages Of Part Time Jobs For Children | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Taking a Gap Year | Band 8 Essay Sample
- Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample | Children Should Spend Their Free Time Doing School Work
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of working from home? | Band 7 IELTS essay sample