A while ago you had lent a friend a suitcase, which he/she has not returned yet. Write a letter to him/her reminding to bring it back and say
- What suitcase and when did he/she borrow it?
- Why do you need it back?
- What should he/she do about it?
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS letter sample
Hope you had an amazing holiday in Australia. I am really eager to see your holiday pictures. By the way, now that the holiday is over, I think you no longer need the suitcase you borrowed from me.
If you remember, you took my black colour full size “Samsonite” suitcase last month as one of the wheels of your suitcase had come out and you needed one urgently for your trip.
The reason why I need my suitcase is that I’ve decided to go to Alberta in Canada to attend my brother’s convocation ceremony. Besides that, I would be visiting my aunt in New York. It would be a three week’s trip. Therefore, I need my suitcase because that is the only one I have of that huge size. As you know I prefer not to carry much luggage so I am planning to pack everything in that big suitcase. If you are free this weekend, you could visit my place and bring the suitcase with you.
We can watch a movie and also see pictures of your Australia trip. If you can’t make it then I will come and pick up the suitcase because I want to start my packing from next week onwards.
Let me know about your plan as soon as possible so that I can make necessary arrangements.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
Want to improve your English grammar?
Your grammar mistakes could be lowering your score in the writing module. Want to avoid those mistakes? My grammar eBook English Grammar and Usage addresses common problem points in English. It is an easy reference book with entries arranged in alphabetical order. Buy it for just $3.99.
- You Traveled By Plane And Your Suitcase Was Lost | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Letter To Friend About Wallet Left At Their Place | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Letter To Your Friend Suggesting A Good Place For Holiday | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS Letter Sample | A Complaint Letter to An Airline
- IELTS letter sample | Letter to a friend
- Write A Letter To Your Friend Inviting Them To Go On A Short Picnic With You | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | An English Speaking Friend Wants To Spend A Holiday In Your Region
- A letter to the airline about lost luggage | IELTS letter samples
- Advising a friend about a holiday: letter written by student with suggested corrections
- Band 8 letter sample: A semi-formal letter