A Restaurant Has Placed An Advertisement For Waiters And Waitresses | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
A restaurant has placed an advertisement for waiters and waitresses in your local newspaper. Write a letter to the restaurant, applying for that the job. In your letter:
- Explain what you are currently doing
- Describe your suitability for this area of work
- Say when you can attend an interview
Here is a band 8 IELTS essay on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS essay sample
I am writing to express my interest in applying for the job of waitress which I saw advertised in the newspaper last Sunday.
I have been working as a senior barista at Tim Hortons for six months and I immensely enjoy my work. However, this restaurant is a long way away from my home and my daily commute takes over 2 hours. Your restaurant is close to my place and that is the main reason I am applying for this job. Also, I have a special liking for your restaurant because it serves the best sushi in town.
I think I have all the required skills for this job. First of all, I am good at interacting with people. In addition to that, I have a degree in hospitality industry which is the prime requirement of this position.
Should you be interested in my application, I can visit your office for an interview. I am taking a day off from my work on Tuesday as I have a doctor’s appointments at 10 in the morning and I will be free after 11.30. Please let me know of a suitable time for the interview and what documents I need to bring along.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- A Restaurant Has Placed An Advertisement For Waiters And Waitresses | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Have Seen An Advertisement For A Job Working In The City Museum Shop | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You And Your Friends Ate A Meal At A Restaurant | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS letter topic seen in Australia
- Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample | Letter To A Newspaper Editor About A Restaurant You Visited
- You Are Not Happy With The Recent Meal You Had At A Restaurant | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Are Applying For A Job And Need A Letter Of Reference | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- A Friend You Made While You Were Studying Abroad Has Written To Ask You For Help In Finding A Job In Your Country | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter To An Editor
- You Have Seen An Advertisement For Teachers At A Community College | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample