A museum near your home is looking for people to do part-time voluntary/unpaid work. You would like to do some voluntary/unpaid work at the museum. Write a letter to the museum director to apply for the unpaid work. In your letter:
- Explain why you want to do voluntary work at the museum.
- Describe some skills and qualities you have that would be useful.
- Give details of when you would be available for work.
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS letters, essays and reports corrected by me. Find essay organization tips and writing lessons on our Youtube Channel.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
Dear Sir or Madam,
I am writing to express my interest in working in your museum as a part-time employee. I heard through the grapevine that you are looking for people who can help the museum with some unpaid work.
I have always been interested in arts since my childhood. It had been my childhood dream to work for a museum. As I have just completed my graduation in History, I would like to work for the museum so that I can not only enrich my communication skills but also gain valuable work experiences. I am good at handling clients and can also work a museum guide. Apart from this, I am good at doing accounts and this would definitely be an asset to the finance department as they can rely on me at any time of the day.
Since I completed my studies only recently, I want to utilize this week to spend time with my loved ones, and starting next week I would be available to work. Please note that I will be able to work only work on alternate days as I have the responsibility to look after my parents.
I hope you will consider my application and allow me to work for your prestigious museum.
I look forward to hearing from you.
- You Have Seen An Advertisement For A Job Working In The City Museum Shop | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Saw An Advertisement For A Job Working In The City Museum Shop | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Recently Visited A Museum. Write A Letter To Your Friend | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS model letter
- Your Local Hospital Has Advertised For People To Do Unpaid Work Helping At The Hospital | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8.5 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter Expressing Your Interest To Volunteer
- You Are A Current Student Of Loren Brusque University | Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 letter sample | Letter to a friend asking for help in finding part time jobs
- Your Local Hospital Has Advertised People To Do Unpaid Work Helping At The Hospital | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Would Like To Volunteer In A Developing Country | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample