A large company in your area has decided to spend a certain amount of money, either to sponsor a local children’s sports team for two years, or to pay for two open-air concerts. It has asked for feedback from the general public. Write a letter to the company. In your letter:
- describe the benefits of sponsoring the sports team
- summarise the benefits of paying for the concerts
- say how you think the company should spend the money
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me or buy my book with proven tips and tricks to improve your grammar and writing.
Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
Dear Sir or Madam,
I would like to profoundly thank your organisation for your willingness to spend a large sum of money for the benefit of our community. I know you are planning to either sponsor a children’s sports team or organise two open air concerts.
On the first hand, our town is the home of one of the best soccer teams in the state. Needless to say, sponsoring the local team for two years will really benefit the young players as they will have a chance to be trained by professional soccer coaches. Moreover, such sponsorship will enhance brand awareness of your corporate image in the industry too.
Nevertheless, on the other hand, funding the open-air concerts is also a brilliant idea. Firstly, live music will be the source of entertainment and recreation for thousands of local masses of our area; furthermore, our youth bands will have a golden chance to perform at such massive events for the first time in the history of this town. Finally, by this way, your corporation’s name will be promoted countrywide since radio and television media will cover the event live.
I am positive that either of your initiatives will serve our community. However, I support and prefer the sports team’s sponsorship more than paying for two open-air concerts since the former will have a long-term effect on our region whereas the latter will merely contribute to a short term recreational purpose.
Once again I thank you for this generous initiative.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter To A Company
- Many People Think It Is Important To Spend A Lot Of Money On A Large Wedding Reception | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8.5 essay sample | Should governments spend money for training sports people?
- Learning to play team sports is an important part of a child’s education | Band 9 IELTS Essay
- Learning To Play Team Sports Is An Important Part Of Education | Band 7.5 IELTS Essay Sample
- You Work For An International Company And Would Like To Work In Its Head Office In Another Company | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Your Local Council Is Planning To Close The Health And Leisure Centre | IELTS Letter Sample
- Complaint Letter To A Construction Company | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | People Spend A Lot Of Money On Tickets Of Sports and Cultural Events
- Band 7 essay sample: People spend a lot of money on celebrations. Is this justified?