A Large Company In Your Area Has Decided To Spend A Certain Amount Of Money | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
A large company in your area has decided to spend a certain amount of money, either to sponsor a local children’s sports team for two years, or to pay for two open-air concerts. It has asked for feedback from the general public. Write a letter to the company. In your letter:
1. describe the benefits of sponsoring the sports team.
2. summarise the benefits of paying for the concerts
3. say how you think the company should spend the money.
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
I am writing to express my views on the appropriate way of spending the funds your organisation is planning to spend in my locality.
Starting with the advantages of funding the sports team, as you are aware, children in our locality are exceptionally good at sports. However, they do not receive enough support from the government. If the allocated amount is spent on a sports team, it would definitely benefit these young people in enhancing their skills.
On the other hand, sponsoring open-air concerts will be advantageous for music lovers. Also, there is no denying the fact that such concerts are an excellent place for people to meet one another and socialise. These concerts are likely to break the monotony of the lives of people of this area.
Finally, in my opinion, your organisation should consider spending half of the amount on the concerts and the other half for funding a sports team. This will not only enable children to get some support with their game but also entertain the general public.
I hope my feedback is useful for your company.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- A Large Company In Your Area Has Decided To Spend A Certain Amount Of Money Either To Sponsor A Local Sports Team Or | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter To A Company
- You Work For An International Company And Would Like To Work In Its Head Office In Another Company | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8.5 essay sample | Should governments spend money for training sports people?
- Many People Think It Is Important To Spend A Lot Of Money On A Large Wedding Reception | Band 9 IELTS Essay Sample
- As Part Of Your Study You Have Worked For A Short Period Of Time In A Company | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Some People Spend A Lot Of Money On Tickets To Go To Sporting Or Cultural Events | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample | People Spend A Lot Of Money On Tickets Of Sports and Cultural Events
- You Recently Read An Article In A Business Magazine About The Company You Work For | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Space Exploration Costs Tax payers An Exorbitant Amount Of Money Each Year | Band 8 IELTS Essay Sample