A friend you made while you were studying abroad has written to ask you for help in finding a job in your country. You have heard about a job in a local company that might be suitable for his/her.
Write a letter to this friend. In your letter
Tell your friend about the job and what sort of work it involves
Say why you think the job would be suitable for him/her
Explain how to apply for the job
Here is a band 9 IELTS letter on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample
I received your letter two days ago and I am so glad that you want to find a job in China. Yesterday I discussed this with one of my friends working at Baidu, a large IT company in Beijing, and he told me that they wanted to hire someone who could be responsible for their new English version website. I think this job is really suitable for you, because they want someone who has soft programming skills and perfect command of English.
I know you have great interest in soft programming and you taught me a lot about how to design a website when I was in Canada last year. You even showed me lots of amazing websites and online games that you created yourself. So I think this job is really suitable for you. And since English is your mother tongue, you will not have any problems about it.
You can find information about the vacancy on their website. Search for the English version of the Baidu Corporation online. If you have any questions about this vacancy, please feel free to contact me.
Hope to hear from you soon.
All the best!
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Letter To A Friend Seeking Help In Finding Accommodation | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Invite Your Friend To A Traditional Celebration In Your Country | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 letter sample | Letter to a friend asking for help in finding part time jobs
- You Would Like To Visit An Old Friend Who Lives In Another Country | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 letter sample | Letter to a friend asking for assistance with finding a job
- You Went To A Theatre With A Friend. Your Friend Had An Accident | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Advising a friend about a holiday: letter written by student with suggested corrections
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter To A Friend Who Has Invited You To Visit Their Country
- A Letter To Your Friend About Why You Changed Your Job | Band 7.5 IELTS letter sample
- IELTS letter topic seen in Australia