A Friend Who Lives In Another City Has Invited You To Come And Stay With Him | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
A friend who lives in another country has invited you to come and stay with him on your next holiday. You are too busy to accept the invitation. Write a letter to your friend. In your letter:
Thank him for the invitation
Explain why you cannot come
Ask him about other times to visit
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic written by one of our students.
Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me. Find essay organization ideas and writing tips on our Youtube Channel.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
I am writing this letter to thank you for the invitation. I was overwhelmed with joy when I received your invite and its gives me goose bumps when I dream of holidays with you at your place. But unfortunately, I can’t come this time due to my hectic work schedule.
Let me explain to you in more detail. I am currently working on a critical project and need to travel to Dubai for its implementation. I will be outside the country for a whole month. I hope you will understand my situation and forgive me this time.
However, there is no need to get disheartened as I can avail of a month long holiday after project completion. I hope we can plan a trip in early September. Let me know if that is convenient to you. I am really excited about this opportunity to relish the beauty of beaches in Australia with you. Last but not least, I have lots of gossips to share with you.
Hope to see you soon.
- Your Friend Is Coming Over To Stay With You | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter To A Friend Who Has Invited You To Visit Their Country
- A Friend Has Offered You Some Work In His Company | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- A Friend Is Expecting You To Stay With Him In Two Week’s Time | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- A Friend Has Invited You To Their Country | Band 7 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 letter sample | Letter to a friend asking for help in finding part time jobs
- You Would Like To Visit An Old Friend Who Lives In Another Country | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- A Friend Is Expecting You To Stay With Them In Two Week’s Time | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Make An Offer To A Friend
- Write A Letter To Your Friend Inviting Them To A Public Event In Your Country | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample