A friend is moving to your town and has requested some information about the town | IELTS letter sample
A friend is moving to your town and has requested some information about the town. Write a letter to him/her with the following information:
- Housing in your hometown
- Schooling system in the town
- How to meet other people in the town
Here is a model letter submitted by one of our students. Send us your writing samples for a free band score estimate or get a detailed analysis of your writing for a fee.
I am glad to hear that you are moving to San Diego. I can’t wait to see you. Since you want to know about the housing and schooling options available here, I thought I would write a letter.
Basically two types of housing are available here. Condominiums are single houses owned by an individual. Apartments are the other option and they are owned by a company. The rental rates are in the US $ 1200 – 2000 range. Generally speaking, rental rates are high in neighbourhoods situated in a good school district. There are some excellent schools here so do you have to worry about the education of your children.
As for making friends, well, it is not hard at all. San Diego has a vibrant community of Indians. Just visit the website sandiegodesi.com to find other Indians interested in making friends. You can also join San Diego desi community on Facebook and you will be notified of local events where you can find other people.
Hope this information is helpful to you.
See you soon in our town!!
- IELTS report sample | Map of a town
- Band 8.5 IELTS Report | Compare The Current State Of A Town With Its Proposed Development Plan
- IELTS essay: Do you think that moving abroad for better jobs is good?
- IELTS Letter Sample | A Letter to an Overseas Friend
- Letter topic found in India: Letter to friend asking her to babysit your kids
- Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample | Letter To A Friend Who Has Changed Schools
- IELTS Speaking: Questions about home town
- Band 8.5 IELTS Letter Sample | You recently travelled on the local bus service in your town. You think the driver drove badly and was rude to the passengers
- Band 7.5 Letter Sample | Local Council Is Closing A Community Centre
- Band 8 IELTS report sample | Changes That Happened to An American Town