A Friend Is Expecting You To Stay With Him | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
A friend is expecting you to stay with him in two week’s time, but unfortunately you forgot that you have a business trip at the same time. Write a letter to your friend. In your letter:
- Apologise and say that you cannot come to visit
- Explain why you will not be able to visit
- Suggest another time that you could visit
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS letter on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS letter sample
How are you? I know you are quite excited about my planned visit to your place. Unfortunately, I won’t be able to come. I have a business trip scheduled for next month and it coincides with the dates we planned for our get together. I had completely forgotten about this trip the last time we talked. I am really sorry about that.
I have a training session to attend in Hyderabad on 25th of November with my supervisor and colleagues. The training is for eight days and arrangement has been made by my company for all of us which include air tickets, four course meals and stay. I cannot miss this business tour as it is planned by my seniors and is equally important for upgrading my skills at work. It will be beneficial for my career prospects. Also, they have planned a city tour on the last day of the session.
I would like to make it up to you by visiting you during Christmas holidays. We can celebrate New Year together if you are free then. Please let me know soon as I have to book the tickets.
Do you have a letter on this topic? Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Your Friend Is Coming Over To Stay With You | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- You Would Like To Visit An Old Friend Who Lives In Another Country | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS letter sample | Letter to a friend
- Band 9 letter sample | Letter to a friend
- IELTS Sample Letter
- Your Friend Had Made For You To See A Movie Together | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Letter topic found in India: Letter to friend asking her to babysit your kids
- Write A Letter To Your Friend Inviting Them To Go On A Short Picnic With You | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | Write A Letter To A Friend Who Has Invited You To Visit Their Country
- Letter To Friend About Wallet Left At Their Place | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample