A friend has agreed to look after your house and pet while you are on holiday. Write a letter to your friend. In your letter:
- Give contact details for when you are away
- Give instructions about how to care for your pet
- Describe other household duties
Here is a band 8 IELTS letter on this topic written by one of our students. Need help with IELTS writing? Get your IELTS essays, letters and reports corrected by me.
Band 8 IELTS letter sample
Thank you for graciously accepting to take care of my place during my absence. As you are already aware, I would be away for the next one week starting this Friday.
There aren’t many things to do. As you know I have a pet fish tank with 2 goldfish. You have to clean the tank filter and feed the fish. It is very simple though. The tank filter is at the top right corner of the fish tank with a label on it. You have to remove and wash it with fresh water every alternate day. On the other hand, the fish feed is placed by the side of the fish tank. Please drop 2 tablets of the feed every evening.
Apart from those chores, you will need to trash the leftover food and clear the trash. As garbage collection is scheduled for every morning in our complex. You can place the garbage bins outside the main door before you leave for work.
If you have any other questions, please feel free to call me on my mobile or write to my mail id.
- Band 9 letter sample 1
- IELTS Band 8 Letter Sample: Letter to a friend thanking him for a favour
- Band 8 Letter Sample To A Friend Who Has Agreed To Look After Your House
- A Friend Has Agreed To Look After Your House | Band 7 IELTS Letter Sample
- A Friend Has Agreed To Look After Your Home And Pet | Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample
- A Friend Has Agreed To Look After Your Home And Pet | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 7 letter sample | Letter to friend
- Letter topic found in India: Letter to friend asking her to babysit your kids
- IELTS letter sample | Letter to a friend
- Band 8 IELTS Letter Sample | An English Speaking Friend Wants To Spend A Holiday In Your Region