A friend has agreed to look after your house and pet while you are on holiday. Write a letter to your friend. In your letter:
- give contact details for when you are away
- give instructions on how to care for your pet
- describe other household duties
Here is a band 7.5 IELTS essay on this topic submitted by one of our students. Need help with writing? Get your writing samples corrected by me.
Band 7.5 IELTS letter sample
Thank you so much for agreeing to take care of Una while I am in Costa Rica. I have left you a sticky note on the fridge with the phone number of my hotel. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any concern about my dog or the apartment. Bear in mind that we will be in completely different time zones, so if you cannot reach me at some point you can knock my neighbour’s door. She is a vet so she could solve any doubt you might have.
As you know, Una is a three legged dog rescued from a shelter. Because of her traumatic past, she has trouble socializing with other dogs but she is quite comfortable with humans. So you will have no trouble making friends with her.
As for my apartment, you know the strict silly rules about smoking in the building. The community has installed smoke detectors all over the place, so please do not light any cigars when you are at home or in the building premises or I will be fined or evicted.
Thank you for being such a good friend.
I will bring you a souvenir from Costa Rica.
Do you have a letter on this topic?Submit it below in the comments for a free band score estimate.
- Band 8 Letter Sample To A Friend Who Has Agreed To Look After Your House
- A Friend Has Agreed To Look After Your House | Band 7 IELTS Letter Sample
- IELTS letter sample: Invite a friend to your new home
- IELTS letter sample | Letter to a friend
- Letter To The Editor Of A Newspaper Enquiring About An Old Friend | Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample
- Band 7 letter sample | Letter to friend
- Write A Letter To A Friend Explaining Why You Have Moved | Band 9 IELTS Letter Sample
- Write a letter to an English speaking friend explaining why you changed jobs | IELTS letter samples
- IELTS Band 8 Letter Sample: Letter to a friend thanking him for a favour
- Letter To A Friend Seeking Help In Finding Accommodation | Band 7.5 IELTS Letter Sample